The A. S. F.® A-3 Ride Control® 50-ton freight truck was introduced in the 1940 Ft.s and is one of the forerunners of modern freight trucks. Features embodied into this design include a longer spring travel, no spring planks and constant friction control using friction castings in the bolster to dampen excessive lateral roll of the car. These design features allowed for a higher train speed with less danger of derailment than previous designs. ASF® sold over 140,000 sets by 1949. This AAR truck is excellent for modeling the transition era up to 1994 when friction bearings were no longer allowed in interchange service.
• All Metal Non-Magnetic 2 Piece Self Equalizing Black Trucks
• #960 33 in. Smooth Back All Metal Non-Magnetic Black Wheels with Free Rolling Insulated Axles
• Clip on pads & brake rigging
• Mounting Adapters for Bachmann, USA Trains, Aristo-Craft, Piko & LGB Included
• Manufactured and assembled entirely in the U.S.A.